Trim goes up but not down

Boats&hoes

Cadet
All of the sudden I cant get my trim to go down. I used a jumper wire at the coil and it lowered. Never have had a problem in the past. Wen to run a jumper and now i have lost all power to my radio and my trim pump. Any ideas? Is there a fuse that might have blown? Im checking the wiring diagram. Just figured I would ask.

saaristo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Had the same on my DPS-A. Disconnect the trim sender wire harness at the transom, see if that gets your trim to go down. If so your sender is bad. Could be also trim down relay (listen if it clicks when you press the button)

dubs283

Vice Admiral
All of the sudden I cant get my trim to go down. I used a jumper wire at the coil and it lowered. Never have had a problem in the past. Wen to run a jumper and now i have lost all power to my radio and my trim pump. Any ideas? Is there a fuse that might have blown? Im checking the wiring diagram. Just figured I would ask.
Most likely a bad relay, there is one for up and one for down. Locate and swap the relays, if the drive goes down it not up you've solved it.

You may have blown the main igniton fuse or tripped a breaker when you jumpered the trim pump.

kenny nunez

Captain
2Xs withe Dubs283. You overloaded the circuit jumping from the + on the coil to the pump. The color is easy to remember of the wires In the trim circuit. Green grass down and blue sky up.