Trim gauge not working...

WINTERSUX

Seaman Apprentice
the trim gauge on my 99 caravelle with a Volvo penta 3.0 stopped working late last season.. yes the out drive does trim and seem to work properly and all wires are connected . the needle on the gauge has always been a little shaky, it would bounce around and sometimes stick but always started working again. i bought the boat last year and it is my first boat so I'm still learning here thanks for the help..

sublauxation

Lieutenant
Re: Trim gauge not working...

Try to loosen up the mounting nuts on back, not sure about trim gauges but sometimes if a tach is screwed in too tight it wont work right. The hole in the dash may be a little too tight also, see if it moves relatively easily once you loosen the nuts. Otherwise your guage is junk. That's pretty much what the faria guy told me.

Art Bernard

Banned

Not a big I/O guy, but on outboards there is a sensor mounted on the tilt/trim assembly that sends the signals to the gage. If I/O's have these, check that as well to see if operating correctly.

Art

Randy J

Petty Officer 2nd Class

unless ya like spending $ forget it, sensor price is high and ive done w/o it working for 10 yrs. and sooner or later will do same thing again