Trim gauge hookup '05 Yamaha F60

joewildlife

Cadet
I have an OEM Yamaha trim gauge that didn't come with instructions. Do you think my motor has a plug or sensor that just needs to be hooked up to this gauge? Any help would be appreciated.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Trim gauge hookup '05 Yamaha F60

you need the tach/trim harness and the correct 2 wire trim meter.
the 3 wire orange,pink,black wont work at all on that motor.

joewildlife

Cadet

Thanks, I don't know how you knew it, but you hit it on the head. This gauge is a 3 wire. So I sold it for $15 on eBay with the proceeds going to the American Heart Association. I'll do more research into it before buying something off eBay in the future!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

I would like to think I knew it cause I am phsychic or at least good. but alas I knew it cause I see it at least once a month.
next christmas I will ask santa to teach me how to spell.

Casco Bay Outrage

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Rodbolt -Don't change a thing. We worship you just the way you are.

Joe - Rodbolt is a master, gold level, senior importante, king of the pond, grand poobah Yamaha certified mechanic. There is no higher level certification than what he has.

Here some advice. To get the right thing the first time, visit the Parts desk of your Yamaha dealer and they will take care of you. Mine does in spades.

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Rodbolt -Don't change a thing. We worship you just the way you are.

Joe - Rodbolt is a master, gold level, senior importante, king of the pond, grand poobah Yamaha certified mechanic. There is no higher level certification than what he has.

:D:D:D