tried everything to get water pump working on 7.5 hp

albertaborn

Cadet
i got a boat that overheated,scored a piston bc the pump didnt work.changed out the piston rings etc top end etc,and started investogating the water pump issue i found the copper tube was plugged below the power head so i unplugged it put a new impeller in did a full flush on the bench of the engine put new gaskets for the base on powerhead and nothing got it going.to mention ive had this thing apart both lower end and powerhead a thousand times now.for the lower end i put it in a bucket with a power drill and it pumps.put the lower end on leg with no powerhead use the drill it pumps.force water with a squirt bottle into the water discharge hose into powerhead on the bench and its clear.put it all together nothing with or without thermostat. another thing i seen was when the powerheads on and lower end is off i use my squirt bottle to force water up the copper tube i does come out the discharge but i noticed it also comes out another spot at the base of the cylinder out of the water jacket into the leg.so i kinda thought id lose pressure with this leak so i made a new gasket that would not let the the water out at all.so with the power head on and with my squiter bottler on the copper pipe in the lower end i squezze water up and it doesnt leak anywhere and finally comes out the discharge.but not when its all back together running.so where it leaks bf i did the gasket mod is definatlety and engineered thing where the gasket is proper as i ordered it with serial num and the grooves of the water jacket line right up like meant to be. so any ideas any at all will help thanks for your patients in reading this montroscity

albertaborn

Cadet
Re: tried everything to get water pump working on 7.5 hp

so where i mentioned that water was leaking out into the leg when i pressure up the copper tube sounds like it the exhaust reliefs idk so thats what i covered with a gasket to see if i could keep it in the powerhead

albertaborn

Cadet
Re: tried everything to get water pump working on 7.5 hp

so has anyone ever had something maybe like the little plastic coupler that goes on the copper tube leak letting in exhaust into the tube preventing this thing to work?