Trial Spending Limits

NYMINUTE

Captain
Considering the Millions of dollars spent on trials to insure the rights of law breakers is it time to cut the costs. Should our judicial system set dollar limits that can be spent on a trial based on the crime? How much is this POS Peterson costing California? What did OJ cost? If the cap is exceeded both the defense and prosecuting attorneys should either A) pay the balance or B) be disbarred. The defendant would then be judged by the jury as it is, win or lose.<br />We are paying for this generous spending. :mad:

ndemge

Commander
Re: Trial Spending Limits

Ta heck with the entire judicial system.<br /><br />Salem MA had it right...... Throw em in the pond, if they sink, they're inocent. If they float, they are either made of wood or guilty. To be burned either way.<br /><br />If they slightly float on top, they are either made of grape gravy, lead, very small rocks, or churches.<br /><br />BUT, if they DO float, but weight the same as a duck, they are indeed made of wood and we should burn them anyway.<br /><br />Cheers, <br /><br />I must go have more coffee!

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

LOL<br />ndemge.<br />One of my favorite scenes from that movie.<br /><br /><br />I will be thinking of that all day now.<br /><br />Thanks for the laugh.<br /><br />AK Chappy

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The Peterson trial alone is up to aprox. $500,000, so far. <br /><br />The entire process so far has been reported at $3.5 million. <br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Whoa AK and ND, what movie are you talking about? Sounds like I need to see it.