Tri-Hull Boat and a Roller Trailer?

GilliganGirl

Cadet
I have had a terrible time trying to find a suitable (or any for that matter) boat trailer that's even somewhat local to me.

I have found a roller trailer that appears to be in decent shape, it's not pretty but it's solid and just needs new rubber. I really wanted a bunk style trailer, but unless I'm prepared to buy a brand new one, it looks like I'll be waiting a long while.

There are some photos below. The marina says that this trailer will be fine for my boat with some 'minor' adjustments. Having never owned a tri-hull and now having really any experiance with them, can anyone take a look at the photos and maybe point out some things that I should be considering before I drive 1.5hours for this thing?

used%20trailer%20003.jpg

used%20trailer%20007.jpg

The boat is a 15 1/2' Crestline/AMF Muskie 550

Boat_water.jpg

boat_trailer.jpg

BobbyJ

Cadet
Re: Tri-Hull Boat and a Roller Trailer?

I have an ez loader like that for a 18 Tom Sawyer and it loads great and towes well. the only thing i see on that trauiler is the front rollers maybe way to low to support the sides of your boat. mine are way up on the sides in front to support the front sides . is your boat on a trailer now? if so i bought a bunker trailer from a man need ing money and can custom fit to your boat it has a place for two bunkers on each side. and may work.

BobbyJ

Cadet

Just saw the one in front also an ez loader it looks to fit your boat better.

rockyrude

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The front "arms" are too short and will have to be moved at the very least up against the keel roller and hopefully they'll touch the bow. If they do there will be almost no support for the bow. The one in the front of it would be what you really need.

Hey! Nice boat!!

I have a 15 foot crestliner exactly like your's, except its blue! These are really stable boats that plane really well at high speeds.

My trailer is a Trailex aluminum trailer with 5 rollers in the middle, and 4 rollers in the back. Really lightweight!

Happy Boating! :)
Timothy

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

Look on craigslist...old trailers are $150 and less and quite numerous here in Tejas, or buy that roller trailer and put some bunks on it.

GilliganGirl

Cadet

I ended up opting for another trailer.

The one I've ended up with is still a roller trailer, but rather than having rollers all over the place, there are two self adjusting "bunks" (for lack of a better term) that have a bank of 5 three piece rollers on each - these are near the rear of the boat where traditional bunks would be. The center has 6 keel rollers (much like my existing light weight trailer) and the front has a bow rest. Plus it's a tilt trailer.

Might be a little overkill for my wee boat, but here in Northern Ontario, it's slim pickings!

Once I get it all adjusted and get the boat in it, I'll post a pic.

woosterken

Lieutenant

GG,
this is what the trailer looks like under my trihull,my boat is 17'3" it is a tandem axle and tilt

IM000110.jpg

woosterken

GilliganGirl

Cadet

You could always get the roller trailer and if you don't like it then convert it to a bunk trailer. I didn't like my ez-loader roller trailer and converted it to bunks. You can see how I di mine here:

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=263662&highlight=ez+loader&page=2

I really like that idea! And the trailer I ended up with looks like it may be very well suited to that conversion.

Here are pics of the new trailer - it hasn't been adjusted at all, those pivoting roller bunk thingys (sorry I'm new - I'm sure they have a name) will have to be raised a little and moved to the inner slots for my boat.

IMG00321.jpg

IMG00320.jpg

IMG00318.jpg