Traveler Boat needs windshield

HarryHydro

Cadet
Hi Folks:<br /> I bought this boat a few years ago.. 15' fiberglass ski boat, 60HP Johnson. The windshield is a thick thing, maybe plexiglass, and cracked much like tempered glass cracks, with many small fractures. There is however one large crack, like a car windshield would crack.<br /> Anyway, I really need a new one, maybe even make one of lexan or something like that, if I could bend it properly. <br /> I only find leads to Traveler like Arkansas Traveler and some outfit in Australia - Haines. I bought it in Pennsylvania and doubt it came from Down Under. Any pointers, or who makes/bends windshields appreciated!<br /><br />Take Care!<br />Harry

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Traveler Boat needs windshield

Take it to a place that deals with plexiglass and they can make you one like it.

HarryHydro

Cadet

Thanks SBN!<br /> I haven't heard of a plexiglass place around here in a while. I'll take a look..<br />Take Care!<br />Harry

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Moving to Boats.

yonkers733

Recruit

Just saw your posting. The Traveler Boat Division was a part of Anray Corporation. The plaque on the stern says they had a factory in Amsterdam, NY and, I think, Liverpool, OH and one or two others around the country. I just bought a Traveler Atlas (1985) on ebay, so they were still making boats as late as 1985. I am trying to make it seaworthy. It floats and its watertight. I suppose I should be grateful - at least yours has a windshield. Ebay has a number of postings for generic windshields which might be adaptable. Go to ebay motors, parts & accessories, boats and watercrafts. Good luck, Tony

farginicehole

Chief Petty Officer

Not sure what your windshield looks like, but I just made a replacement for the broken windshield on my '91 Alumacraft side-console walleye boat. I ordered a 3'x4' sheet of bronze tinted acrylic from McMaster-Carr for around $65 (shipped), cut it with a fine-tooth blade on a handheld jigsaw and bent it around the straight edge of a table at work that had the right inside radius using a heat gun. Took 5 or 10 minutes to heat up a 20" wide section to bend, but turned out great. Looks just like the original! I still plan to flame polish the cut edges using a propane torch.

cp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just a thought - you might want to contact Taylor Made to see if they might have made your original, or can make a replacement windshield for your boat. Good luck.<br /><br />Taylor Made