transom saver help

fishmaycraft

Cadet
I want to use a transom saver on my 19ft Maycraft with a 115 four-stroke on it, the only problem is that the loadrite trailer it sits on doesn't have a beam going across at the back of the boat. The last crossing beam sits so far under the boat a straight transom saver won't work, it would have to go through the bottom of the boat. Does anyone know of something that can help me out, be it a product or an idea? I hate not having one but I haven't seen a saver with a bend in it or anything<br />Thanks

Seagull6

Seaman Apprentice
Re: transom saver help

I have a similar problem. If I had the motor tilted all the way up there's no way the transom saver would hook up with anything on the back of the trailer. So I lowed the angle of tilt on the motor such that I still had adequate ground clearance, essentially changing the angle enough so that the transom saver went further under the boat and connected with a cross member on the trailer. <br /><br />I hope I didn't confuse you with this explanation. Good luck!<br /><br />Chuck

Seagull6

Seaman Apprentice

If my suggestion above doesn't work, Cabela's does have a transom saver that might do the trick. Try... http://www.cabelas.com/ and go into the Marine section and then look under trailering. It's the only transom saver they carry.

fishmaycraft

Cadet

Thanks for the reply, I just ordered the transom saver from Cabelas, it looks like it will work great. Thanks again, I'll let you know how it works.

skier

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had the same problem with the trailer for my Chris Craft. The trailer had rollers and the last cross member was too far forward. My solution was to turn the engine to one side and attach it to the roller. Worked great.<br /><br />Craig