Transom repair

RICKRICK1

Ensign
Last sunday hit a stump and broke the fiberglass around the upper mount bolts on the splash well. Got back home and started to check and found upper 8 inches of transom is rotted. Am going to do the Seacast repair. Has any one done this and what kind of problems did you have? Boat is an 84 tidecraft bassboat.

RICKRICK1

Ensign
Re: Transom repair

Thanks Rickdb1boat-- both are great sites and give alot of info-- Was really wondering if anybody had tried the Seacast stuff?

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

RickRick - Go to the search at the top of the page and enter "seacast". It is all there.

RICKRICK1

Ensign

Solittle-- I have looked at all the info they have on there site, I was wanting to know if anybody had done the seacast and what problems they encountered.

finadic

Cadet

Rick i used seacast back in oct 2002 the stuff works great not 1 problem at all. Email your phone # I can call you after 8:00 pm i'm sure I have some tips to make it easier for you. Btw mine is also a bass boat. E-mail: finadic@bellsouth.net<br /><br /> Brian

RICKRICK1

Ensign

update-received the seacast yesterday and poured the transom. Have not redrilled the holes yet so will see how hard it is to drill this weekend. Hopefully will get the motor back on also. Transom is solid now.<br />Just on a note to others who might want to do this an old traffic cone makes a great funnel as you are pouring the mixture from a 5 gal pail.

finadic

Cadet

Glad everything went well for you. Don't get worried when you drill the holes it drills very very easy. I was concerned but it turned out to be fine.