Transom mount transducer question...

fullsize_chevy

Seaman Apprentice
The Lowrance M68C says you can mount the transducer inside the hull using 2-part epoxy. My boat is all fiberglass...no wood or foam. I intend to epoxy the transducer to the inside of the hull near the transom on a flat spot. Does anyone have any advice or special precautions I should be expecially careful of? Are there downsides to doing this vice the traditional transom mount? The transducer also comes with brackets for mounting externally on the transom. Thanks in advance.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Transom mount transducer question...

use a slow-curing epoxy, less chance of bubbles after curing.<br /><br />water temp sensor won't work inside the hull.<br /><br />where you're putting it, you sure it's just solid fiberglass from the floor down through the bottom layer of hull? otherwise it won't work. One way to test it is to put the boat in the water and the transducer on the floor held in place with sandbags or something, and let enough water into the boat to cover it.<br /><br />gotta make sure it's parallel with the water line, which might not be parallel with the floor.