Transom/motor shaft length question.

IamCanadian

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello Guys and gals,
My Name is Dustin, I am from Winnipeg Manitoba Canada.

This is my question as I have just bought my first 2 Boats. (I am off work with a Busted leg so I figure spending my time buying cheap boats would be a good hobby)...Anyway.

I have 2 boats 1 is a 16ft Cathedral hull all in very nice shape but it needs a transom.(no problem there I can do it)
That is my "Keeper" Boat...Got it for $25.00 with a fish finder included! But no motor or trailer or steering system.

2nd Boat I just picked up today, 14ft run of the mill fiberglass, With trailer, single cable steering and a 1966 50hp Chrysler with all the controls...So all the parts that I need for Boat number 1. (Paid $175.00) The boat is actually in solid shape and water worthy.

Oh Yeah my question. The keeper boat has a 20" Transom from top of transom to keel, The Chrysler is 18ish inches from mount to cavitaton plate.

Is it going to cause a problem with the motor being 2" short?

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Re: Transom/motor shaft length question.

Maybe, could be, might be. You need to measure it vertically, not along the transom itself, it may be just fine.

IamCanadian

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Transom/motor shaft length question.

I measured everything today in daylight, the motor is 16" transom is 20" Just not gonna work.

I am just going to see if I can trade someone for a standard shaft motor for this short shaft.