transom mishap

so i was loading my boat on the trailer the other day when the guy next to me who was doing the same thing he went to pull his boat out when hi hear the load scraping noise. i start yelling your transom is down and the guy stops and says did i do it again. i pulled next to him to strap down the boat and look over and he has nothing left of his skeig. so id say hes done this plenty of times

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander
Re: transom mishap

Well 2 weeks back we went fishing in my brother's boat, his power trim drifts down. We went to pull out of the driveway heading towards the lake when he looked back and the transom saver came undone. Then after doing some fishing we arived back to his place, as I was guiding him back into his shed I noticed his motor was down again don't know when the motor fell on the way back home. Nothing was damaged thankfully.

Seems like that man would learn from past experience.

mthieme

Captain

I think this is more common that forgetting to put the plug in.
Our ramp has a nasty little hump in it that will catch your skeg at low tide every time.

texanaustinite

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I've done the same. Just scraped it. It's easy to forget when you get in a hurry.

OldePharte

Chief Petty Officer

We seem to have the exact opposite issues. Most boats launched have the motor trimmed up. Some trim it down when it gets wet, but some do not. Then they have some real problems in getting the boat off the trailer; somehow the engine doesn't seem to have as much power as they remember. Finally get it off, then putter around until the rest of the crew show up after parking the vehicle and get on board.

They idle out past the no-wake buoys and gun it. Funny, it seems that they don't have much speed as the last time out.

Meanwhile they are throwing up a decent rooster tail, oblivious that the prop is still pointing more skyward than needed.

We even watched a small bowrider passing our cove entrance at about a 30 degree angle. Both people on board had to stand up to see over the high-riding bow. Don't know if they figured out the problem.

TheMFA

Cadet

We seem to have the exact opposite issues. Most boats launched have the motor trimmed up. Some trim it down when it gets wet, but some do not. Then they have some real problems in getting the boat off the trailer; somehow the engine doesn't seem to have as much power as they remember. Finally get it off, then putter around until the rest of the crew show up after parking the vehicle and get on board.

They idle out past the no-wake buoys and gun it. Funny, it seems that they don't have much speed as the last time out.

Meanwhile they are throwing up a decent rooster tail, oblivious that the prop is still pointing more skyward than needed.

We even watched a small bowrider passing our cove entrance at about a 30 degree angle. Both people on board had to stand up to see over the high-riding bow. Don't know if they figured out the problem.

I had this happen Friday when I took the boat ur for the first time. Could not understand why it was riding so high. Luckily there was no one around to laugh.

texanaustinite

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I had this happen Friday when I took the boat ur for the first time. Could not understand why it was riding so high. Luckily there was no one around to laugh.

Same here... only on Saturday... and there were lots of people around.:rolleyes: