Transom Escutcheon

MarkMtgy

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 6, 2003
Messages
11
Just bought an Eagle fishfinder. Had to drill 1" hull in my transom for the connectors to go thru. I need a good way to cover the giant hole with wires going into it. Hummingbird makes a nice little peice to cover and seal with. Eagle doesn't have one. Hummingbirds hole is much smaller too, so I can't use one of their peices. Anyone have any suggestions?
 

PAkev

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
665
Re: Transom Escutcheon

Most large hardware stores (ie. Home Depot, Lowes, etc) sell rubber grommets of various sizes . Pick your size, put a slit in it to slip over the wire, add a little silicone sealant in the grommet cavity, slip it in the hole, and add a little more silicone around and over it.
 

mikecjn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Jun 8, 2003
Messages
238
Re: Transom Escutcheon

Mark,<br />I had the same issue that you are having when I ran my transducer. I drilled thru the hull and sealed the hole with 3M 5200. Then for appearance I covered it with a midget stainless steel clamshell. Looks pretty good. Take a look at the link for an example of one of the clam shells. They have a couple different sizes too. Hope this helps.<br /><br />http://www.boatersworld.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ser vlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=357247
 

MarkMtgy

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 6, 2003
Messages
11
Re: Transom Escutcheon

Heh, nice, just went to my local marine repair shop and purchased that very thing. If I hadn't, I'd have seen your post and went looking for it....Perfect, thanks.
 
Top