transmission removal

or best way to lift this motor out of the boat enough to be able to remove the transmission from the engine (slide it by the shaft).<br /><br />
boatmotor.jpg
<br /><br />I was thinking of removing the bolts that hold the motor mounts to the boat, vs. removing the motor from the mounts. What do you all think????

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: transmission removal

Unbolt shaft and remove rear lag screws from the mounts. Stick a screw jack under the rear of each exhaust manifold and jack up the rear of the engine till the shaft flange is above the shaft flange. Remove the transmission mounts, then the six bolts holding the transmission on. Slide the transmission back and off.

Re: transmission removal

Ken,<br /><br />Thanks again...you are great. I'm sure I got a dumb look, when you read this post, I'm glad they are free. Well, my transmission is off. There was a twisted piece of metal in the bellhousing along with a lot of grime, dirt, water, and the like. I guess I'm going to take this off too, and see what's going on in there. Any things I should watch out for, like springs flying at me and the like. Again, Thanks your help is truly appreciated. If I ever get to your area, there's at least a couple of rounds of drinks on me.