FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I dont like the idea of putting holes in my new boat if I dont have to..I was looking at transducer mounting plates and was wondering if anyone ever tried epoxying(sp) the plate to the transom instead of screwing it in..<br /><br />Thanks!
Hi Sloleak,<br /> Cabelas sell a transducer mounting plate thats made of poly material. You smear the back of it with marine sealant place it on your transom in the right spot and in cool weather you will want to duct tape all around and leave it to dry which will take a couple weeks if its cold. Screw in your transducer and VOILA!!! My friend is a service manager at a marina and he sets all his new boats up this way....Good Luck.
I like to put transducers on a seperate plate also.<br /><br />I always use Starboard. It's is basically the same material that Lexan cutting boards are made of. Thus, you only have to put two holes (to hold the board) in your hull, or you can attach the board with Marine Tex-no holes.<br /><br />This will allow you to "tune" your transducer without putting more holes in the hull.<br /><br />See the transducer attachment here. It is the eighth picture down-right side of transom.<br /><br /> http://mypeoplepc.com/members/djohns19/djohns19/