Transducer for existing thru-hull hole ?

mrbarth

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi there,<br />does anyone of you know if there is a depth sounder on the market, where the transducer fits into my (ex-)Navico DS200 "hole" or if there is some kind of "adapter" availabe to put another transducer in the same hole?<br /><br />The "spare plug" I have is 1-5/8 on the outside, although the O-Rings make it to 1-11/16.<br /><br />I have some pictures here for a better explanation.<br /><br />
splug01.jpg
<br />
splug02.jpg
<br />
splug03.jpg
<br /><br />Any help is appreciated, thank you<br /><br />And btw. I can't get boat out of the water !

18rabbit

Captain
Re: Transducer for existing thru-hull hole ?

Nice pix, thanks, it helps.<br /><br />I looked at the Airmar website for a cross-ref on Navico, didn’t find anything.<br /><br />I have an Airmar transducer that sound like it is suspiciously similar in size. I believe it is the B-17 transducer…don’t know for sure because it was ordered with a Furuno RD-30 head. Whatever it is that I have, if it fits, it’s just a matter of yanking one transducer out and slamming the other one in…probably really fast if your boat is still in the water. I believe Airmar’s products are made to fit std tube sizes, i.e. a 2-in OD thru-hull, don’t know the ID. Maybe call Airmar (or their retail outlet, Gem) and ask the very knowledgeable folks there.<br /><br />If you are in an area where there is a marine electronics place near you, maybe take your blanking plug and compare it with an Airmar blanking plug for the B-17 transducer…also see if your plug will fit in the Airmar thru-hull.<br /><br /> http://www.airmar.com <br /><br />Please let us know what you find out.

mrbarth

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Transducer for existing thru-hull hole ?

Thanks 18rabbit,<br />this is the best info I got so far. I started to look through their website. Lots of transducers :)<br /><br />At first glance it looks as if all "retractables" are wider than mine, usually 2 inch. But I'll give them a call tomorrow.