Train smash

b20

Petty Officer 3rd Class
not often we can have good news from a crash,but here it is.yesterday a highspeed train derailed in queensland(australia) and nobody died.some report had the train travelling at about 95 miles per hour at the time of the crash.Nobody was killed.i think this deserves a mention in 'good news'.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Train smash

Hmmmmm. Is the lack of bad news good news??<br /><br />Reminds me of the story about the court jester who was a terrible punster.<br /><br />The king got fed up and told him, "One more pun and I'll hang you!!"<br /><br />"No noose is good news." punned the jester.<br /><br />And they hung him.

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

JB thats like the King who was so annoyed with his magician that he ordered him killed. But the king had a benevolent side, so he asked of the magician a question.<br />"How long will your King live?"<br />The magician answered immediately, "Your majesty I forsee your death being one day following my own!"<br />Needless to say the magician lived to be a very old man.<br />Ross

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I think it rates a mention here because there's hardly ever an incident like that where nobody dies. Especially on a high speed train.<br />Good engineering, making the cars strong enough to de-rail at 150kmph and keep most people safe.<br />They've announced on TV that the train was still doing 150kmph on a curve when it should have slowed down a lot prior to that spot.<br />Ross

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

It is truly amazing that no one was killed! Did I hear that there were over 350 injured??