trailer problem? any sugestions?

athenb

Cadet
how would i lift the boat of a trailer to fix the wood supports on the trailer wood shifted pretty bad dont know if its driveable like that but if it is i will take it some where but if i oculd do i it at home i would like to any sugestions on how to lift or just pick the bost up for a perid of time so i can repair the wood on the talier any sugestion 20 foot baylinner cuddy cabin?

Andy in NY

Commander
Re: trailer problem? any sugestions?

how close do you live to a ramp?

when i need to work on my trailer i go in the middle of the week, around noon ish when there is practicaly no one there and make sure i am well prepared for whatever i am going to do.

Bifflefan

Commander

how would i lift the boat of a trailer to fix the wood supports on the trailer wood shifted pretty bad dont know if its driveable like that but if it is i will take it some where but if i oculd do i it at home i would like to any sugestions on how to lift or just pick the bost up for a perid of time so i can repair the wood on the talier any sugestion 20 foot baylinner cuddy cabin?

you can use wood and a floor jack to lift each corner one at a time a few inches then support it. I have been making some supports for just this issue for the winter when im taking the boat off the trailer in the garage.
Use wood between the boat and the jack, and then also between the boat and the jack stands. just make sure its going to stay where you put it before you get under it.

bitterboater

Petty Officer 1st Class

How close do you live to a marina with a crane. They may be able to lift the baot off and store it for you until the trailer work is completed. This would cost more than jacking it up and storing it at home, however the marina would be well experienced at this type of thing, and wil have insurance in case the boat gets damaged.
Otherwise, a manual hydraulic jack to lift the boat would do just fine.

chuckz

Chief Petty Officer

Drop the trailer tongue to the ground, this will lift the transom. Block the transom up in place. Lift the trailer tongue, lifting the bow. Block the bow in place. Drop the tongue and roll the trailer out from underneath the boat.