Trailer lift???

fishmaycraft

Cadet
I recently installed a bent style transom saver from cabelas on my trailer, (bolt on, I have no rear roller). My problem, the bracket hangs down below the rear cross member pretty low. The trailer didn't have much clearance back there to start with, it is a loadrite with a 19ft maycraft on it. Should I try and figure out how to lift the trailer or something else? I'm afraid if it hits the ground it will slam the outboard up and create problems. How would I lift it if I decide to go that route? Any other ideas???<br />Thanks :confused:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Trailer lift???

You can easily put a lift kit under your trailer. Can be picked up at any auto supply store. They are usually used on trucks but see no reason they wouldn't work in a trailer. <br /><br />You could also look into a taller tiree for your trailer.<br /><br />Either way, if you raise the trailer, you may end up having difficulty launching in shallow boat ramps.

Lark40

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Doesn't sound right. The trailer should have decent ground clearance. <br /><br />You may have a problem with the springs or undersized wheel and tire.

fishmaycraft

Cadet

I crawled under there last night and realized the rear cross member height is adjustable. I just have to get the boat off the trailer and undo a few bolts to slide it up some. My only worry is sliding it up too much and hitting it with the front of the boat while loading. I guess I'll give it a try though.

ob1jeeper

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Since the bracket is a "bolt on", whay can't you modify it to fit higher on the C/mber?<br /><br />By-the-By... Lifting the trailer will do WAY more than make it difficult to launch the boat, it also changes the towing and braking dynamics, because of a higher CG... DEFINATELY NOT a desireable approach.<br /><br />If you can send some pic's of your particular situation, perhaps, I may be able to offer some more specific suggestions...<br /><br />GOOD LUCK Obiwan Jeeper