Trailer heavy in front!!!! Help

Jeffneal1988

Cadet
I'm pretty new to the boating comunity and am still trying to figure a few things out. I bought a boat last summer and I've noticed that on the trailer its very heavy in the front. I know on my friends boat you can lift the front of the trailer up by hand and move the boat around. Mine is so heavy I cannot do this. I'm thinking that I'm not balanced. I did see a video on you tube about moving the axel but I'm not sure if I need to move it back or forward. Any insite on this would be great thanks!!

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Trailer heavy in front!!!! Help

What kind of boat? Some pics of your setup would make it easier to get the answer you need. You may be able to move the axle forward to lighten the tongue or move the winch post back so the boat doesn't come so far forward. Be sure and snap a pic of the rear of the boat/trailer so we can see where the end of the bunks are in relation to the rear of your boat.

Bondo

Staff member

I'm pretty new to the boating comunity and am still trying to figure a few things out. I bought a boat last summer and I've noticed that on the trailer its very heavy in the front. I know on my friends boat you can lift the front of the trailer up by hand and move the boat around. Mine is so heavy I cannot do this. I'm thinking that I'm not balanced. I did see a video on you tube about moving the axel but I'm not sure if I need to move it back or forward. Any insite on this would be great thanks!!

Ayuh,.... What boat ya got,..?? how heavy is it,..??

What's yer Bud's boat, 'n what does it weigh,..??

Ya want 10% weight on the tongue, so a 2000lb boat will have 200lbs on the tongue,...

lrak

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ya want 5-10% weight on the tongue of a boat trailer, so a 2000lb loaded boat trailer should have at least 100lbs on the tongue and should have no more than 200lbs on the tongue.

Jeffneal1988

Cadet

For some reason the site wont let me upload any pics do you maybe have an email that I can send the pics to?

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

We don't need pics.... We need weights.....

get the boat on a scale