Trailer for 1952 Wolverine runabout

EdLank

Cadet
I have our family 1952 Wolverine mahogany runabout with original 25 HP Johnson. The trailer may have been a TeeNee, but had no manufacturer info plate, so we had to register it as "homemade". When we children registered it, we did so in my brother's name. He died, and it was signed over to me, but it is in Maryland about 140 miles from me in Pennsylvania. The boat stays in Maryland, but I did not think I could register it there if I live in Penn. Now I need to get it tagged, and I seem to need to get it inspected before I can tag it. It has original tires and nearly original wiring, both of which won't make the trip. It was a waxed frame slide on, but years ago, I put rollers on it, with only fair success, partly because I needed even more than I installed.

It is a modified Vee boat, and on the trailer is mostly supported by the keel, with some pads near the rear. I cannot find a trailer that will provide mostly keel support as that trailer does. I occasionally see TeeNee trailers listed, but usually 1000 miles away in a listing 2 years ago. Is there someone who makes such trailers, or somewhere that such old style trailers (but with keel rollers) are listed?

I raised the boat about 3" to add rollers, and it leaves the boat higher than ideal on the trailer. I see that some TeeNee trailers put rollers down in the frame with only a fraction of the roller exposed above the frame. This trailer is too rusty to dream of making that conversion, because I think it would be too weak.

This boat is getting no use as it is now. Suggestions?

57crestliner

Seaman
Re: Trailer for 1952 Wolverine runabout

Well, here in Maryland, you can get a tag to go to inspection. Good for 10 days.But, and this is why I posted, you can also get a tag to retreive a out-of state vehicle. You just agree to inspect the car right after you get it home. Call your M.v. Admin and ask.;)

EdLank

Cadet
Re: Trailer for 1952 Wolverine runabout

I had not wanted to have to bring it to Pennsylvania, since I expect to use it only in Maryland. I am still watching for a keel support used trailer.