trailer for 15' bayliner capri clone

JT!

Petty Officer 1st Class
i bought a used boat, dirt cheap and repaired it. now im using the trailer from my old arkansas traveller and its just not sitting right.

the boat is a 1989 Marvac Cadet 14.5 or 15ft boat. it has a walk thru windshield and open bow. it appears in most respects to be similar to a 15ft capri from the late 80's

I was hoping someone could send me pictures of a bunk trailer setup for this boat or point me to a reference page with the specs.

unfortunately I could not find a Marvac Boats website anywhere on the web.

the trailer in the picture is not the one im using now. my current trailer is a 70's style rounded tube dumper-style with a lever that lowers two 24" bunks by one inch. its roller brackets are bent and i figured rip em out and just use bunks...

and yes i looked at the trailer project where he used the remote hoist. but his boat is much larger and heavier.

Attachments

• myboat.jpg
    myboat.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 0

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: trailer for 15' bayliner capri clone

that was my trailer with the hoist. You could do something similar to it, but you wouldnt need the center bunks along the keel. My dad has a much larger 23 ft Maxum and it only has 2 bunks. So i would think if you used the 2 outer bunkboards, like mine has, you would be fine. It would be really easy to do. 4 brackets and some 2"x6" carpeted and your on your way. basically, my trailer is kindof "overkill" even for my 19'.