Tracker Trailstar Spare mounting

cp4000

Seaman
Hi,
I got a 93 Nitro with a 93 Tracker Trailstar trailer. I am deciding where to mount the spare and would love to mount it where my friend's spare is located. He has a Gambler with a Gambler trailer. His is mounted at the front of the trailer, under the boat, horizontal, right where the front of the trailer starts to split and widen out. (Or right where the "V" of the trailer comes together.) Hope I explained that right. It is a very slick look and was wondering if anyone has seen some sort of bolt on mount for something like that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff-in-PA

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Tracker Trailstar Spare mounting

Where we fish in Ontario Canada, the people with underslung spares have to launch their boats a mile away due to an interference problem on the ramp.

jeeperman

Lieutenant Commander

Is it under the boat but on top of the trailer frame?
That would be okay if your wheel style will drain water if dunked.

cp4000

Seaman

It is not mounted anywhere yet...The one that is on my buddies Gambler is tucked between the frame, so the tire is maybe a couple inches above and below the frame...It is purely for cosmetic purposes that I would like to mount mine there. His was made that way, mine wasn't so not sure if its a good idea to fabricate a mount or just put it on the side of the boat?

lncoop

Vice Admiral

If I'm clear on what you want to accomplish, a $20 spare tire mount from Academy Sports (or similar big box retailer) will do the trick. It's basically just a long, heavy duty U bolt with a locking mechanism. You just lay the spare on the trailer and run the U bolt under the frame and through two of the holes. Fits perfectly on my Trailstar trailer. Looks like this only with a locking plate on top.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Boat...r-jacks/_/N-1100654/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_104629680

cp4000

Seaman

Here is a picture of a boat similar to mine that has the spare mounted in the spot I'd like...any ideas

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1

Shrike

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Where is it?

1fishbone

Chief Petty Officer

Must be that new 'invisi-mount'
Read about them but never saw one!:)

reelfishin

Captain

That trailer appears to have a custom welded in place tire rack, not a generic bolt on tire carrier. It appears to be more like an angled shelf built into the V of the trailer. You will most likely have to fabricate something like that to match your trailer.

Attachments

• spare rack.JPG
    spare rack.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 1

cp4000

Seaman

ha...HA...thats why I wanted it mounted like that cause you can barely see it:) It looks fabricated but alot of the trailstars have it just like that. But it does appear to be welded on. No one has ever seen a bolt on kit like that huh? I guess I will have to find a welder...My buddy with his Gambler has a carpeted step around it as well, but I won't go that far:) Thanks guys and if you ever see a bolt on let me know!

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Welcome to iboats. One thing you should do is start new a new topic for your questions. It is against forum rules to resurrect a thread that's been dead for 90 days (much less 10 years) unless you are the person who started it.

Start a new topic and you'll get some help.