Tracker marine tach setting

tvpear12

Petty Officer 2nd Class
my tach has a black button on the back and has a slot for a flat head screw driver to go in but there is know numbers for me to read what pos it is in.Is that what it is for and how do i set it to pos 6 if there are know numbers?

tvpear12

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Tracker marine tach setting

I guess know one knows about this brand of tach. thanks for those of you who read my post.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Let's try Electrics and Electronics.

Indymike

Petty Officer 1st Class

Is it possible that it's a fixed setting tach and the screw is for calibration ?<br /><br />Mike

tvpear12

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I guess it is possible not sure. thats why i ask you. he he

gaugeguy

Captain

Hi Tvpear, the 6p switch setting is usually the 4th setting going clockwise. As you change switch positions you should feel it "click" into place.

tvpear12

Petty Officer 2nd Class

so gaugeguy, do you think that mine is not a fixed tach? have you ever seen a tach with no numbers? does this little black dial with a slot in it sound as though it is the position adjuster, or a calibrater?

gaugeguy

Captain

A couple manufacturers use a label on the back of the case instead of having numbers molded into the case, the label may have fallen off. If your tach is a single range changing the switch will have no effect on how it is reading. If the tach reads higher as you move the switch counter-clockwise it is more than likely a rangeable tach. If you cant feel the switch lock into place and it turns semi-freely it may be a potentiometer adjustment (fine tune) for tach calibration as Mike suggested.

Jcrain

Petty Officer 1st Class

Where would you set it for a 40 horse johnny?

gaugeguy

Captain

5p (if available on the tach), unfortunately most marine tachs do not have this setting.