Tracker Live Well & Wiring Diagrams

trusty

Cadet
This is my first post, so be kind.

I have a 2002 Tracker Pro Deep V-16SC. The live well runs all the time, unless I disconnect the battery. It even runs with the switch completely disconnected. I really need the wiring schematic, especially for the switch panel.

I have the following diagrams, but they don?t show what wires hook up & where: Trolling Harness; Merc. O.B. Eng. Harness; Acc Harness; Inst. Wiring Assy.; Wire Color Codes. The harness diagrams are in pdf format & I would be happy to send them to whoever needs them.

Does anyone know where they hid the live well pump & if one can get to it without dismantling the entire boat?

Thanks for looking.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Tracker Live Well & Wiring Diagrams

Have you tried calling Tracker Marine? It sounds like someone has wired the livewell pump to a constant hot power source, that's not how it cane from the factory.

As far as the pump location goes, turn it on (I guess it's always on!), and follow your ear to the sound...that's where the pump lives...

trusty

Cadet

Hey seabob,

Thanks for your response to my thread on Tracker wiring.

Called BassPro & got the run-around, for a while. First referred me to a local dealer, there are 2, each 100+ miles away. One has moved their service dept to Chicago & the other one wouldn't let me talk to a mechanic.

Finally got someone at BassPro corporate, they have the same harness diagrams that I do. But the did say that they would contact Tracker Marine about my issue. They wouldn't give me the number though.

They won't give out detailed schematics because of "liability concerns". Told them that I was an AE & probably qualified to do electrical hook-ups. She agreed, but said she didn't have what I wanted.

I found the pump, but short of using a chain saw & can opener, I haven't found a way to get to it.

trusty

Cadet

Up date- Just talked to the Tracker boat center in Pontiac. There are no detailed schematics, they have been trying for 8 years to get one!

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

In order for the livewell pump to run even though the switch is disconnected means the pump has a +12 volt feed from some other circuit. You first need to find the pump. Then follow the hot and ground wires. The hot wire will obviously connected to a live power source somewhere, but it may also be pinched so it is making contact with another live circuit. A voltmeter is your friend. Know how to use one.

trusty

Cadet

In order for the livewell pump to run even though the switch is disconnected means the pump has a +12 volt feed from some other circuit. You first need to find the pump. Then follow the hot and ground wires. The hot wire will obviously connected to a live power source somewhere, but it may also be pinched so it is making contact with another live circuit. A voltmeter is your friend. Know how to use one.

Found it's NOT the live well, it's the aerator! Found the panel to get to the pumps. Problem seems to be in the switch, verified with meter ( been using one since '59 - thanks Uncle Sam)

Now I need the hook-up foe the switches in the switch panel. Some were pulled out when I opened the panel. No extra wire there, kinda like an airplane! (impatience didn't help either)