Toy Car?

steam_mill

Chief Petty Officer
Wondering any one's thoughts on a second 'Toy Car?'<br /><br />I've been toying with the idea for a number of months.<br /><br />I'm thinking a mid '80's Mustang or Camaro. I live in Toronto which means this will strictly be a May to October vehicle due to winter weather. I don't have a double car garage which means the car will be in storage during winter months.<br /><br />My problem with this whole thing is that I'm a cottager which means April to November I'm at the cottage Friday to Monday morning. Although I would love to say I would drive it every weekend up to the cottage, I would probably need more room for the wife and dog and whatever we need for the weekend.<br /><br />My wife has also reminded me that I fish, I have two boats, a home in the city, the cottage etc. etc. etc. She feels that I am very busy over the summer months and questions if I will actually enjoy having one more thing to look after. She knows that my priority is fishing. <br /><br />I seem to get this urge over the winter months but come summer I hardly think about it.<br /><br />Most of my friends have toy cars. My wife also mentioned that I can get frustrated with owning another vehicle to maintain. She says to grab an exotic for a weekend and go with it.<br /><br />I drive a very, very conservative vehicle: Subaru Outback. I used to own an '88 Mustang (Daily drive from late teens to mid twenties).<br /><br />I've also thought about just buying a brand new 'sports car' in a couple of years that would require little maintenance. <br /><br />Any thoughts? I really don't want to go buy something that I will not use when I can use the funds for other stuff:<br /><br />1. New motor for the tin boat.<br />2. Yearly fly in fishing trip.<br />3. Yearly exotic car rental.<br />4. Higher end daily driver (5 Series Wagon BMW or a 4Matic Mercedes wagon).<br /><br />Now my friends let me drive their cars all the time including runs down at the drag track at Cayuga.<br /><br />I just think it would be fun to own one.<br /><br />Thoughts?<br /><br />Joe