TOWING/TROLLING MOTOR

BN1946

Cadet
I have a 94 trophy, 23ft outboard. I use a 6 hp trolling motor mtd on a remote troll. When I bought the boat (used) the owner told me not to tow with the motor mtd on the remote troll, but I see plenty of people doing this. Is this ok?

BN1946

Cadet
Re: TOWING/TROLLING MOTOR

yes, the bracket is bolted to the hull, with an electric motor to remotley steer.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Up here where I live everybody, including myself (I just rigged a kicker motor setup) tows with the kicker mounted on the bracket. No one seems to have any problems, and the roads here are horrid, everything gets bounced around. I wouldn't sweat it, especially with a 6 horse motor. You could always contact the manufacturer and see what they recommend.

Link

Rear Admiral

OK now I'm with ya :) neat setup for sure.<br />How well does that 6hp do with a 23fter ?<br /><br />I'm with JasonJ on this one. We leave them on all the time around here also. Just make sure the lower unit is all the way down and locked so it doesnt bounce.<br /><br />Link

BN1946

Cadet

It does fine, unless it gets too windy, then it gets hard. The bow swings, and I have to rev the engine way up to bring it back. It can get a little hectic.