Towable tube repair

KD4UPL

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I found the leak in our tube, a very small slit. The tube came with a repair patch that is just a clear 2" x 2" patch that you're supposed to stick over the hole. It really doesn't stick well and looks like it will probably come off with the first use.
The tube bladder is supposedly PVC. I use PVC glue all the time to join electrical conduit. Could i put some PVC glue around the edges to seal the patch or will it be too strong and melt thru the thing tube material?
Has anyone ever tried flextape or some other commercial sealer? Any other ideas so seal up a little slit?

Thanks,

Scott06

Vice Admiral
I found the leak in our tube, a very small slit. The tube came with a repair patch that is just a clear 2" x 2" patch that you're supposed to stick over the hole. It really doesn't stick well and looks like it will probably come off with the first use.
The tube bladder is supposedly PVC. I use PVC glue all the time to join electrical conduit. Could i put some PVC glue around the edges to seal the patch or will it be too strong and melt thru the thing tube material?
Has anyone ever tried flextape or some other commercial sealer? Any other ideas so seal up a little slit?

Thanks,
I used this kit made by Airhead held up for years