Torque tab

Safevet

Cadet
Need help. I just got a VIP bass boat and started out with a 55hr Sea King, but the engine wasnt running very good so I got an 85 Force..<br />Now the problems start. This engibe runs great but I cant hardly hold onto it as it pulls right very hard.....I have been reading to adjust the Torque tab, but I have no idea what that is.<br />Can the steering be tighten up as it steers very easy and this might help.<br />Thanks

jomac

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Torque tab

Vet it's the small fin behind&just above the prop on the base of the foot

Hooty

Rear Admiral

This is an Evinrude but it's pretty much the same as yours.<br /><br />
site1051.jpg
<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

NathanY

Commander

Do you know what year your motor is? As I recall, most of the older Force engines had the exhaust coming out where the trim tab would be on a normal motor. Just make sure that you have one on your boat. If it is pulling that hard, a trim tab will not help you. Make sure that your skeg is not bent, and make sure that when you put this motor on your boat, that it was perfectly centered. 1/8 of an inch off can really mess things up.

Safevet

Cadet

First off Thanks for answering my question.<br />I found it and will adjust it and give it a try.<br />I saw that on the engine when I pulled apart the lower unit to check the impeller. Just finished moving it a little and will head off to the lake to give it a try.

jrc27

Seaman

will adjusting the tab make steering easier? i have a johnson 150 gt and takes 2 hands to steer it.. when idling slow it goes straight no pulling.. i believe the tab is straight not angled either way.

Safevet

Cadet

THANKS to all<br /> I finally got to go to the lake yesterday and sure enough..this fixed my problem..<br />jrc the simple answer to your question is YES...<br />You say hard to steer, under power does it pull very hard one way?