Torque shift prop for 3.0 OMC Cobra

cobra 3.0

Lieutenant Commander
Hi are these props really worth the money? They don't come cheap! The movie shown by Land and Sea looks really incredible. Are there any of you out there with similar experiences? Looks too good to be true!<br /><br /> http://www.land-and-sea.com/

cobra 3.0

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Torque shift prop for 3.0 OMC Cobra

ANy body out there who has one of these props?

tylerin

Commander

Am I reading correctly, or did it say $899.00 for a prop?? For a few more bucks you could be COBRA 5.0

denniz

Senior Chief Petty Officer

What do you want hole shot or top end. Alot go with a pitch lower 4 blade and have a awesome hole shot for skiing.

cobra 3.0

Lieutenant Commander

Aret the comp props in 4 blade that sell on ebay any good for hole shot? These torgue shift props are supposed to do both...hole shot and top end.<br /><br />rtsp://www.land-and-sea.com:554/landsea/torque-shift_via_rm7.rm

Doug Durako

Chief Petty Officer

I hav e been experimenting with one all season. It had to go back for one rebuild, but it is now doing exactly what they said it would do. Search on the topic torque shift for all the past discussion. You need to be ready to "tinker" with it a bit if you buy one. Also, used ones have been selling on ebay for $250 to $400.

Doug Durako

Chief Petty Officer

Forgot the specs:<br /><br />With the torque shift, I can pop up two adults on tubes with 6 people in the boat in about 3 seconds (half the time of my fixed blade).<br /><br />I can hit 38 mph (GPS) in about 4 seconds with just me in the boat and the hammer down.<br /><br />Top speed is 60.1 (GPS), which is a couple mph short of my fixed blade, but I am still working on it.<br /><br />Only thing I would change is the cup on the leading edge of the torque shift---seems to be a bit too much bow lift and I can't trim up as much.