torque ratings ??

BigFishKen

Seaman Apprentice
Howdy All..I'm replacing a gasket in the head of my motor. It says to torque to .8 kgm. My borrowed torque wrench reads in Newton meters or Ft. pounds. Anyone know how to convert to kgm's???? Thanks, Ken

Backlash

Chief Petty Officer
Re: torque ratings ??

Hey Ken, Is that .(as in "point")8 kgm. Wow, what kind of motor does that head go on? I really don't know the actual conversion since I've never heard torque measured in kilograms but my best guess is about 15-17 foot pounds. :p <br />Backlash

Backlash

Chief Petty Officer

Ken......Whoops!<br />I'm guessing it's 15-17 ft lbs based on 8 (eight) kgm NOT .8 (point 8 kgm). :) <br />Backlash

Down South

Petty Officer 1st Class

Kilogrammeters X 7.233 = foot pounds. That's not very much torque. Are you sure you read it right? :)

BigFishKen

Seaman Apprentice

Yup... Thats how it's stamped into the plate. ( .8 ) kgm's. I think something isn't right about that too. The bolts are for a plate that separates water flow over the head. It isn't the actual head. ( on a 130 yamaha 1990) Thanks for the responses....Ken

Down South

Petty Officer 1st Class

If this torque reading is right, you need to borrow a torque wrench that reads in inch pounds.

BigFishKen

Seaman Apprentice

I'm gonna put them back in based on how hard they were to get out. I'll use the wrench to make sure they're all in at the same ft.lbs. ...Ken