Tornado hits Birmingham

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander
But thats Birmingham UK not Alabama.<br /><br />Mini-tornado hits Birmingham <br /><br />Last Modified: 28 Jul 2005 <br />Source: ITN <br /><br />A mini-tornado has ripped through parts of Birmingham, injuring several people, uprooting trees and causing extensive damage to buildings. <br /><br />West Midlands Police confirmed that an emergency triage centre had been set up in the Moseley area of the city and that the High Street in neighbouring Kings Heath had been closed. <br /><br />Motorists are being advised to avoid the nearby Ladypool Road area after a number of trees were blown down and roofs were reportedly lifted off buildings. <br /><br /><br />A fire service spokeswoman said: "Three men, three women, three boys and three girls have been treated by fire service personnel and ambulance crews for various injuries and have been taken to hospital. <br /><br />None of those hurt are said to have life-threatening injuries after the mini-twister struck at around 2.30pm. <br /><br />I was sat in my office posting on the Blonde joke thread when this happend (my offfice is in Solihull, about 1/2 mile from Moseley).<br />It went very dark and rained as hard as I have ever seen, I didn't think anything of it untill I got home and saw the news.<br />We don't get Tornado's in the UK! what is happening to the weather??

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: Tornado hits Birmingham

Well we had one to spare so........Just kidding, but glad no one was killed those things can be devastating.

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by RPJS:<br /> I was sat in my office posting on the Blonde joke thread when this happend (my offfice is in Solihull, about 1/2 mile from Moseley).<br />It went very dark and rained as hard as I have ever seen, I didn't think anything of it untill I got home and saw the news.<br />We don't get Tornado's in the UK! what is happening to the weather??
Were you by any chance LAUGHING at those blonde jokes RPJS?
16.gif
<br /><br />Maybe that was a lil Texas tornado that nearly gotcha.
26.gif
<br /><br />Seriously, I'm glad everyone is okay over there. :)

sue5878

Petty Officer 3rd Class

RPJS<br /><br />Just been on the news here. Understand the winds peaked at 200 k's. Saw a lot of damage, but the main thing is no deaths.<br /><br />I think you's need a break, hope it doesn't happen during the test :D <br /><br />GR