tools

tji guy

Recruit
really a man only needs two duct tape and wd-40 one for things that move when they shouldnt and the other for things that dont move when they should

crab bait

Captain
Re: tools

i'm with ya.. but i gotta have a little wad a galvanized bailin' wire ,too..<br /><br />also a hammer , channel locks an a 4-in-1 screw driver..<br /><br />give me that.. i make macgyver look like an idiot..

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Don't forget the Leatherman.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

And a big hammer for when things dont work as they should! :D :D :D <br /><br />Ken

Xcusme

Commander

Ahhh YES !!, the BFH, is absolutely a must have item.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> And a big hammer for when things dont work as they should! :D :D :D <br /><br />Ken
yes! .. never go w/o a "BFH" :D

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

When I was in the Army I once stopped to render assistance to an ambulance that was in trouble with it's hood up.<br /><br />To my surprise I found that the main wiring harness had been repaired....... the entire harness was wrapped in (you guessed it) bandaids!!!! There had to be close to 350 of them neatly wrapped around the harness.<br /><br />As for tools I agree duct tape, WD, bailing wire and I like to include a few nylon zip lock connectors.<br /><br />Bob

20/20

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hammer{BFH}<br /> <br />Duct tape<br /> <br />wire{coat hangers work}<br /> <br />vise grips<br /> <br />One more thing, I don't know if any of you listen to Bob and Tom on the radio but they did alittle deal on head sets that cut down on noise. One guy wrote in and said it was the best thing he owned for working around the house. He was up on a ladder painting{or something} he happened to look down and there was his wife, her mouth was moving a mile a minute but he couldn't hear a thing she was saying. :) nothing like a peacefull working area :)

Twidget

Commander

I need a set of those headsets. They sound absolutely essential, if they really work that way. :D

dolluper

Captain

Geez you forgot the sledge now that's a bfh<br />Sledge my favorite solveall :D :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> McGiver. Where Are You.
He is a bit busy right now fighting wars on distant worlds through the star gate. :D

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

magnet on a rod-tip.....to retrieve those little things that drop in unreachable places. Looking for one thats strong enough to lift my lost anchor :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

My dam* bifocals, and an arsenal of 4 and 5 letter words that would make censors at FOX require therepy.

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

Tape, bfh, wire, leatherman, bifocals, and lots of four letter words sum it up for me. I was using tape for boot laces for months , wife couldn't stand it and finally bought me some.