took the boat out the other day, sort of

carey965

Petty Officer 2nd Class
it was too nice of a day here on monday so i pulled the boat out and dewinterized it, unfortunately there is still ice on the lake that i take it on so i have to wait a few more weeks

but i got the batteries in, got her cleaned up and ran her for about 10 min, started up just like usual so im happy and even more excited
i did drain the motor cause the nights do dip below freezing still

cannonman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: took the boat out the other day, sort of

I'm getting anxious too. It won't be long though before it's boating season, and mowing season, and bug season, and so on...:)
Have a good summer.

carey965

Petty Officer 2nd Class

im lucky i dont have alot of mowing to do, nothing in the front and i do the back with a weed eater (i live in a town house)

already have every long weekend this summer camping booked

nice rigs think you might be a little early still though
but i do appriciate your efforts in ending this winter

ziggy

Admiral

way to go carey. just gotta wait for the ice now. sounds like ya did proper too for summerization. as in drained the cooling system again.

i've not summerized yet. we still got over night freezes here too.

my answer to being able to go a little slower for summerization and earlier winterization was a canoe. ya don't have to winterize it. my last boating trip was dec. 4 last year. was fun crashing through the thin ice. i got out last sun. for my first outing this year. i tried a week or two earlier but like you, the lake was still hard then... still. march 30 isn't to bad for a first time out imho...
have a great summer.
and yer tahoe looks real good too. have fun.

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

Head south and chase the water back north if you really are anxious. Nice looking rig you have there.

carey965

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i just couldn't be away from her any longer, the days are all supposed to be above the freezing mark and most of the time above 10C im hoping before the end of the month to get her on the water

but ya we just got the 5th wheel, i wanted something that i could tow the boat behind and didnt 100% trust the tag along so we upgraded now i just need to upgrade the truck, hopefully before the end of the summer

carey965

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Head south and chase the water back north if you really are anxious. Nice looking rig you have there.

i would love too, but im starting a new job next week and currently renovating my kitchen (the wife will be pissed if i dont get that done soon)

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

you can't start too early getting ready--especially if you find you need a mechanic. Those who wait until the "season" starts may have a 2 week wait or more at the shop. And also smart to be clearing out all the home-bound projects so they won't keep you off the water, too.

To de-winterize, I reinstall the one upholstered seat that's not removeable, and put back some of the gear I take out to prevent getting musty. Then I give it a wash and annual waxing, check LU, fill the tank. To summerize, I install the bimini. Reverse process in fall (bimini) and on Jan 1 (seat).

carey965

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thats more or less what i did, didnt fill the tank but cleaned it inside and out (was going to wax it but i left my wax in the garage over the winter and messed it up) put all my ski stuff in the boat made sure all the fluids were topped up and made sure she ran properly made sure all the lights worked. and ya i wanted to do it to see if anything really needed to be fixed, hopefully nothing pops up on the first trip out

even today i got my navionics app that i had on my sons old android phone (just uses it on wifi for games and netflix) to work on my BB Z10 which i am pretty happy about