Too much wind and rain in my face

SkaterRace

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have a smaller CC (21ft - Blackfin 212CC) which has a tiny windshield. I think If I made it a bit bigger I could go out on more rain or windy days. I'm not sure what I could do to make it a bit bigger to deflect more wind/rain out of my face. Does anyone have any ideas?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I have a smaller CC (21ft - Blackfin 212CC) which has a tiny windshield. I think If I made it a bit bigger I could go out on more rain or windy days. I'm not sure what I could do to make it a bit bigger to deflect more wind/rain out of my face. Does anyone have any ideas?
T-top, rain coat or bathing suit for rain.
Sunglasses or ski goggles for wind

Last edited:

airshot

Rear Admiral
People make bigger/ better windshields all the time. Lexan is easy to work with if bends and curves are needed. Without pics, we are all in the dark.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Anything is possible if your pockets are deep enough. Appearance may take a back seat to purpose !!

SkaterRace

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Trying to hide behind a “windshield” isn’t the answer when push comes to shove.

An enclosure of some sort will get you into 3 season boating.

View attachment 399684
That would be perfect! I think that is even the same style in general as I have for piping and windshield. Guessing that is more than likely a custom job?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Agree with dingbat in post #7. turn your T-top into a pilot house with zip-in isenglass. you may have to add sail track.

and yes, see your local upholstry shop.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
My neighbor has a 27' CC. He has snap in clear plastic that connects the T top to the gunwale, on each side. It makes it hard to get to the bow, but really protects the sailors behind the screen.