Too much fun for me

starrider_68

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Well for the last 4 months I have been trying to restore a boat I purchased last sept. and finally had it finished last week. :) today (sunday) i took it out for its maiden voyage. :eek: No problems. :) :) the plug was in, the motor didnt get kacked and i didnt run out of fuel. :D on the way home every thing went smooth. :eek: getting home I went to back in the boat and WACK..... :confused: I now have a "mid-engine" boat... :mad: To all of you that have boats and trees in your yard... put reflectors on your trees...it may save 6 months of hard work.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Too much fun for me

:eek: :(

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

I read you post 3 hours ago but just could'nt find the right words. These will have to do: THAT TOTALLY SUCKS! :mad: <br /><br />Do you have a pic? Is it repairable? Can you salvage the motor? I hope there's a solution after all the work you put into it. Let us know. :(

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

OMG!!<br />What a bummer!<br />Sorry to hear it.<br /><br />AK Chappy

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Ouch, sorry to hear that Starrider. Hope it's fixable.<br /><br />Did that once back in my big drinkin days. Was up at Pine Flat lake, where I kept my boat in the summer. Took a boat load of people out for a morning ski. The ol' electric shift O/D snapped a forward drive slinky and I had to get back to the dock in reverse.<br /><br />Well to make a long story short, I loaded the ol' Gulfstream up on the trailer, drove it to it's summer parking spot. And BACKED THAT THING RIGHT SMACK INTO A TREE. :mad: Did about $800.00 damage to the transom back in 1978. <br /><br />I did it stone cold sober. Had nary a drop to drink. Those trees have a way of just jumping in behind you. With all the drinking we used to do, I never put so much as a scratch on that boat while under the influence.

Twidget

Commander

That is so unfair. I hope you can repair it.

starrider_68

Petty Officer 3rd Class

well here's the info ya'll been waiting for... It's not repairable...insurance says it is a total loss..as far as pics..the insurance co. has then and now the boat. it would cost too much to repair and there arent any to replace her. they cut a check for 5500.00. they also said to settle or lose. now going to switch to gieco...hope ya'll stay above the waves.