Too funny!

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
I posted last week about a court case and the judges decision finally going the right way.<br />WELL, a new twist.....over the weekend the (bad guy's) lawyer was arrested for drunk driving!<br />The State Troopers got a complaint of his driving, he had run someone off of the road. They found him and arrested him within 1/2 block from his home!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Too funny!

I am offended by the word "(bad guy)". I spell it "(baddy)".<br /><br />dd, very sweet what happened to the lawyer though!

KaGee

Admiral

You know what they say.... birds of a feather..!

NYMINUTE

Captain

059.gif
<br /> Read this one: Another Hoot <br /><br />mdooley@news-sentinel.com<br /><br /><br />City of Fort Wayne Attorney Tim Manges has been charged with leaving the scene of an accident. He is accused of hitting a parked car and a tree on Broadway near Taylor Street early Saturday morning.<br /><br />Manges was ticketed Monday, and said he “will take care of any responsibility” arising from the incident. He said he was driving home his 1994 Jeep Cherokee during a snowstorm shortly after 1 a.m. and fishtailed. He said he did not realize his vehicle had struck another when it slid. The police report did not state where Manges was coming from. The report did state that Manges hit a tree immediately after striking the parked car.<br /><br />Manges said he thought he hit a pile of snow, and continued on to his Maple Avenue home. He said he did not notice any damage to his Jeep when he got out of the vehicle.<br /><br />“It was not my intent to leave the scene of a crash,” Manges said Tuesday. “If I had known I did, I would have reported it immediately. I take full responsibility, and I apologize for any damage.”<br /><br />A crash report prepared by Fort Wayne Police indicated Manges’ vehicle struck a parked 1993 Ford. The report shows damage done to the left front quarter of the car and the front and left front quarter of Manges’ Jeep. Police estimated total damage to the two vehicles between $2,501 and $5,000.<br /><br />The parked car was left at the scene, but Manges’ vehicle was towed from his driveway to a local impound lot. Police found the Jeep at Manges’ home based on information received from a witness who saw its license plate number.<br /><br />Manges is scheduled to appear in Allen Superior Court’s misdemeanor division early next month. Leaving the scene of a property-damage accident carries a fine of up to $1,000 and 180 days in jail, although most offenders pay a much smaller fine and court costs.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Hmmm...$5000 damage, and he didn't notice.<br /><br />L-I-A-R! Get a rope.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

TilliamWe

Banned

The report shows damage done to the left front quarter of the car and the front and left front quarter of Manges’ Jeep.
First of all there is no such thing as a "front quarter panel", it's a fender. :p <br /><br />Secondly, in order for both vehicles to have lft frt damage, the parked car would have had to have been parked on the opposite side of the street, facing him! So he drove Left Of Center, to hit this parked car. :confused: <br /><br />That takes a lot of effort! How drunk was he?? :D