tommy HAD a good idea

cistn

Seaman Apprentice
tommy figured it would be cheaper to bottom paint his boat himself..the job was coming out nice, then tommy realizes there is 6 places he needs to paint under the rollers. soloution,tie boat to tree and pull trailer ahead 6 inches. tommy goes and gets the wife and tells her, pull ahead 6 inches and stop..somehow that translated into six feet and the boat is still waiting on the ground for the riggers..fortantly the sterndrive was not on the boat at the time or it would have been destroyed.. it's been all summer so far and the boat never touched the water...I think i will pay the marina when it comes to paint next year.

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: tommy HAD a good idea

Mmmm, Good Lesson. Inches (Small) Feet (Big) Yards (Bigger). Now to translate this into female? Can't be done!

Triton II

Commander

Oh dear... best of luck getting her back on (and to get the other her back on side blame yourself)!<br /> :eek:

Twidget

Commander

Well, you cant really blame her, she has been told her whole life that this..<br /><--------------------> is six inches. She has depth perception problems. :) <br /><br />Seriously, I hope it didnt damage anything and you can get it loaded up.

Capt Joe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Not boating - BUT.<br />Trying to load my ride-on mower onto 6 x 4 trailer. I held the tow bar up & got wife to drive the mower on, & stop when over axle. Front gate was down as well. All went well until I said that simple word "STOP". It's amazing how fast that mower was going when her response was "Where's the brake!" I dropped the tow bar as she came over the top & landed (& stalled) on the spare wheel. Of course it was my fault. I hadn't told her where the brake was!!!

BF

Lieutenant

also not boating, but the run away mower reminds me of when I saw a 1/2 drunk Bubba load his snowmobile into the back of his pickup. He thought it would be a great idea to have 2 of his buddies step on the corners of the double trailer attached to the truck so it would tilt down and he could use it as a ramp to jump his sled into the back of his truck... His wind up was a bit too fast and the sled hit the front of the box before touchdown. He broke the windshield of the sled (with his head), badly deformed the front of the truck box and bent both skis on the sled. Likely was also more suspension damage too. His buddies didn't know how to react (tried to act concerned with lots of sympathetic head shaking, and trying not to laugh)I on the other hand, laughed until my sides hurt.

S.Lee

Seaman Apprentice

Speaking of loading snowmobiles, I pulled the dumbest move I have ever pulled Easter weekend. We were down at my Grandma's house, and a uncle I hadn't seen in years was there. We one way or another got to talking about sleds, and he said he hadn't been on one in years. I said that since both mine and my wifes were out at her parents (about 18 miles away), I would load them on the trailer in the morning, and we could go for a ride. Morning comes, so I start both sleds and let them warm up, back my wifes van up to the trailer, put the chains on and pull the ramp. I then went and drove my wifes sled onto the trailer. I don't know if anyone here has ever loaded a sled before, but you have to have some speed going up the ramp. Well trouble is when I got the speed coming up the ramp, got to the top and the trailer came off the ball and into the back window on my wifes van. Seems I forgot to close the latch on the trailer, and the chains were just long enough to let it go up to the back window. Needless to say no riding that day as I was installing a new window.