Told you I had Questions

wannagofishin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
This will be my first bass boat and the largest engine size I ever owned. I know I could wait until I actually had the boat to find out, but I have a question about the fishing seats. Do the posts drop down into the boat to lower the seat, or would I have to take them out. I saw an ad for Kwikdrop<br />If the seats on the boat I'm getting, won't drop, I might get a couple of these. <br /><br />Whatta ya think? <br /><br />Dan

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Told you I had Questions

I think you will find you have to take them out. I like them that way - much simpler to deal with and easy to remove completely in "non fishing" adventures. (and will get you a little more speed without them.)

wannagofishin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Did you check out the link above? I think these are a good idea for running to the fishing area and are removable if nesessary. I think a telescoping tube would be better, if I could adjust the height.

aspeck

Staff member

Yea, I checked out the link, and Bill Dance endorses it, so it has to be good! ;) , :) ! Hey, I like Bill ...<br /><br />Looking at it, I think it would raise the seat about 2 inches or so when running flat out, and that would probably be enough to obstruct my view.<br /><br />Also, I keep the "add on" section of the pedestal seat in the seat, so I always know where it is. It really isn't that big of a hassle to put the pedestal together and tear down for moving. IMO, it is NOT $99 worth of hassle. But then I am a cheap bugger! :D <br /><br />With that said, it looks like it would work, but am not sure it is worth the price, or if the added height would hurt your line of sight. Guess it depends on how you sit in the driver's seat.

Ron G

Commander

I dont own a statos, but i think that was invented for people who have reguarl seats in the front instead of the little butt cushions,in alot of states the full size seat has to be removed while running because it blocks the vision of the driver.<br /><br />I love bill dance to i wish i could fish in all his private ponds and lakes :D

gonefishie

Commander

That is pretty cool! but did you notice how wide of a front deck of the boat in the picture? I think with the size of your boat you'll find the seat to be in the way big time, even with just a small butt seat. I have a pedestal butt seat and I only use it when it get really choppy on the water make standing up really difficult.

imported_bjs

Petty Officer 1st Class

what happens if seat is not locked when you sit in the seat? hopes there's not a crowd on the bank. <br /><br /><br /> a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wannagofishin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The boat comes with both types of seats, fold down and bicycle.(or small butt seat) I'm not sure which I'll use most until I try them out, but you can bet I'll be using one or the other. Not that I'm lazy or anything ;) but with arthritis coming on, I'm not as limber as I used to be. I was just wondering if the stock pole collapsed, allowing the seat to go to the floor, or if I had to remove it and lay it (pole and seat) in the floor. Running wide open, I wouldn't want it sticking up in the air. The Kwik Drop is either up or down with no height adjustments. Could be a problem changing seat styles. (Higher for butt seat, lower for folding chair) <br /><br />Dan

gonefishie

Commander

you might find that it won't block your vision much if any. You sit on the right side and the seat is in the middle.

aspeck

Staff member

Mine has the folding chair seat. I remove the pole, place it in the crook of the seat, and reseat the seat where the pedestal once stood. Keeps things in place and from rolling around or getting lost, seat is lower and out of view (mostly), and not that difficult to reassemble when I stop flying.