tohatsu control box

mattsaks

Petty Officer 2nd Class
can anyone confirm if this is the right control box for a 1996 tohatsu 90hp. part number is<br />3B1843302. thanks

mattsaks

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: tohatsu control box

i have also been given another number:<br />3B7-84330-1. is this just the same part under a different number? any ideas?

mattsaks

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks. What other motors do these work on? I have seen that some of the smaller engines require a different box...

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

The control box( outside shell) is the same on all Tohatsu/Nissan engines. but the neutral safety switch, heat buzzer and wiring harness vary depending on the engine.

mattsaks

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok. i think i may have found a box over here! but want to make sure it will work. Do the boxes ever give any trouble?

mattsaks

Petty Officer 2nd Class

And yet another part number for you! <br />3P2 84340000. What is this one? I know it has no trim/tilt switch but would it otherwise be ok?<br />Thanks

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

That's not a good number here. It may be a decal difference from one of our boxes.

mattsaks

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks Elvin. It appears to be exactly the same as a tohatsu box, even looks to have the right loom plug. Just doesn't have the Tohatsu decals. Can i do any harm by plugging it in and trying it?