Tohatsu 50d power trim release valve

91 ser.#50787.Valve is frozen.Have tried tapping screwdriver then turning to no avail.Any advice appreciated.Thanks to Iboats,mods& helpful posters who make this such a great site!

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: Tohatsu 50d power trim release valve

You need to try using an impact driver to break it loose....and remember....gentle is better. You can always use more force. You can not go back in time if you use to much.

Thanks for reply Elvin.Sorry mines so late.Long weekend at my shantyboat turned into a full week.Tried impact tool. Still no luck.May try releasing pt unit to gain access.Also noticed small amount of fluid leakage on top of unit so air may not be my culprit.Weak response of pt at standstill,no response under power.Does service manual give much detail on pt?Other than waterpump kit& pins I ordered from you this was free motor so trying to keep costs down until I see if its going to hold up after 3 yr setup.So far great running after correct placement of carb floats& idle adjust.Anyway thanks for help here & great service on parts.48 hrs from order to driveway.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

The service manual has nine pages that deal with the P/T....It should be a lot more as the system is a little complicated.