Tohatsu 3.5B2 Tiller Throttle Conversion

Relsom

Recruit
Hi All, just signed up and this is my first post. I did a search and came up empty so I'm posting this thread to ask...
...has anyone heard of a way to convert the motor head faceplate throttle to the tiller. Looking to have a twist throttle... just seems that it would be safer and easier to operate. It's a 2005 3.5 2 stroke. I bought it new, near the end of 2 stroke availability.

pvanv

Admiral
Nope. The slide type carbs always use the lever on the front. The tiller handle is just an aluminum stick.

Relsom

Recruit
Thanks Paul. I knew it was a long shot, but still had to ask.
Thanks again.

raczekp1

Lieutenant
i have seen this onversion.
later i will serch on you tube.
its russian modyfiation for mercury, but its realy Tohatsu good motor

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Some comments :

Liked very much the second posted link mod with attached larger one piece tiller tube instead of extending the original tiller with an aditional tube. If the motor is not run with the swivel bracket well greased and the load turned to bare minimum the tiller will flex as its end it's bolted to a rubber damper that flexes sideways.

Preffer a zillion times to throttle with the solid front carrying handle which doesn't flex a bit. In reality don't need a fast tiller response as a 3.5 HP will only provide slow or fast displacement speed and eventually plane any combo if counting with a very light one and the driver being a skinny one.

Liked the carb mod with the extra cable hoocked to the carb's throttle lever instead than hoocked to the upper throttle cable which moves up and down the jet needle and the throttle round valve.

This tech modification its ideal when mounting a motor as an aux on an external motor mount or when solo boating to throttle at a distance along distributing the deck load up front much better for the combo to be on its way faster and definitely a plus if the combo manages to plane...

Happy Boating