Todays Winner of the big "S"

spratt

Lieutenant
Exploding Lava Lamp Kills Man <br />Tuesday, November 30, 2004<br /> <br />KENT, Wash. — A man who placed a lava lamp (search) on a hot stovetop was killed when it exploded and sent a shard of glass into his heart, police said. <br /><br />Philip Quinn, 24, was found dead in his trailer home Sunday night by his parents.<br /><br />"Why on earth he was heating a lava lamp on the stove, we don't know," Kent Police spokesman Paul Petersen said Monday.<br /><br />After the lamp exploded, Quinn apparently stumbled into his bedroom, where he died Sunday afternoon, authorities said.<br /><br />Police found no evidence of drug or alcohol use.

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Todays Winner of the big "S"

Originally posted by spratt:<br />Police found no evidence of drug or alcohol use.
Well that is just wrong, everyone knows getting high and staring at a lava lamp is good for hours of entertainment :cool:

gspig

Chief Petty Officer

I smell a class action lawsuit. Everyone with a lava lamp contact me. I will act as attourney for a small 40% of gross fee. Didn't the manufacturer know that the lamp would explode if placed on a stove?

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

I think it's the stove manufactuer's fault for not posting a warning about the associated dangers of heating up lava lamps on their products. It's clearly a double fault class action suit.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

<< Moving to "Light Bulb" post.

NYMINUTE

Captain

I believe the gas and electric utilities are equally responsible for this Tragedy. Additionally the lamp maker, and the stove maker must be ready to take action in warning labels on their product. Also sue the store that sold it to him. Could they not recognize he was a bit unstable??? I will act as attorney for 39.5% undercutting my esteemed collegue gspig.

LadyFish

Admiral

I heard he was trying to change the bulb.
15.gif
(I know, not funny)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> I heard he was trying to change the bulb. (I know, not funny)
No it is, thats good, 3 light bulb topics, :cool:

one more cast

Captain

Them detectives in Kent ain't too bright. The lamp was most likely not working so the guy was heating the lava back up.DUH :p

ndemge

Commander

The river Dredging company that gathered the sand for making the glass.... glass maker for not making it tempered, the apartment manager for not having an explosion shield installed around the stove, and not to metion Serta, for making his mattress so comfy in his room that he fell asleep instead of calling for help.<br /><br /><br />Oh, and the lightbulb manufacturer, for if the bulb hadn't put out so much light he may not have been able to find the stove.

lundboat

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thankfully John Edwards schedual has been cleared for this important case. Now he can leap to the rescue once again to protect the poor small "victim" from the big evil corporations that are shamefully producing dangerous products for extravagant profits.<br /><br />*Boy, we sure are a cynical bunch here on iboats.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by lundboat:<br /> <br /><br />*Boy, we sure are a cynical bunch here on iboats.
Yes, but we are a proud cynical bunch. :p :D :p

Link

Rear Admiral

NYMINUTE <br />
Ironic that as soon as I finish this post I’m going to be installing two new outside lights and putting new bulbs in them :D

KaGee

Admiral

The dude should have followed the CODE BOOK!

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I was at a party a long time ago and they had one of those. I picked it up and tipped it a bit, the whole top section fell off, hit the table, went right through one of those 6 sided aquariams. Fourth floor to boot, so the downstairs people came up as water was leaking through the floors, they're picking fish up off the floor and putting them in little bowls. Yes I bought the guy a new glass aquariam. In my defense, there was no manual!!!!!<br /><br />Anyone ever see Duece Bigelo Male Gigelo??

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Link:<br />
Ironic that as soon as I finish this post I’m going to be installing two new outside lights and putting new bulbs in them :D [/quote]<br /><br />Should get ya some of those new and improved lamps that last "Twice as long"...<br /><br />Also, since we are gonna start a suit, let's include the parents for raising him to be stupid!!! Or maybe the Grandparents for bringing his parnets into the world, since surely they knew the grandson would carry the genes on...hmmmm, how far back can we go with this???<br /><br />And the Apartment manager for leasing to a stupid...sheesh...where will this all end??? I smell a retirement fund building here...

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Link:<br /> NYMINUTE <br />
Ironic that as soon as I finish this post I’m going to be installing two new outside lights and putting new bulbs in them :D
For the sake of your family, friends and neighbors, Ignore everything posted on Light Bulbs. Back to the basics. With this groups input you could end up spending the holidays on Saturn