todays media

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
I found this on anouther message board.<br /><br />This is what you would hear if today's media reported on the D-Day<br />landings.<br /><br /><br />June 6, 1944. - NORMANDY - Three hundred French civilians were killed <br />and<br />thousands more wounded today in the first hours of America's invasion <br />of<br />continental Europe. Casualties were heaviest among women and children.<br />Most of the French casualties were the result of artillery fire from<br />American ships attempting to knock out German fortifications prior to <br />the<br />landing of hundreds of thousands of U.S. troops. Reports from a <br />makeshift<br />hospital in the French town of St. Mere Eglise said the carnage was far<br />worse than the French had anticipated and reaction against the American<br />invasion was running high. "We are dying for no reason," said a <br />Frenchman<br />speaking on condition of anonymity. "Americans can't even shoot <br />straight.<br />I never thought I'd say this, but life was better under Adolf Hitler."<br /><br />The invasion also caused severe environmental damage. American troops,<br />tanks, trucks and machinery destroyed miles of pristine shoreline and<br />thousands of acres of ecologically sensitive wetlands. It was believed<br />that the habitat of the spineless French crab was completely wiped out,<br />threatening the species with extinction. A representative of Greenpeace<br />said his organization, which had tried to stall the invasion for over a<br />year, was appalled at the destruction, but not surprised. "This is just<br />another example of how the military destroys the environment without a<br />second thought, " said Christine Moanmore. "And it's all about <br />corporate<br />greed." Contacted at his Manhattan condo, a member of the French<br />government-in-exile who abandoned Paris when Hitler invaded said the<br />invasion was based solely on American financial interests. "Everyone<br />knows the President Roosevelt has ties to big beer," said Pierre <br />LeWimp.<br />"Once the German beer industry is conquered, Roosevelt's beer cronies<br />will control the world market and make a fortune."<br /><br />Administration supporters said America's aggressive actions were based <br />in<br />part on the assertions of controversial scientist Albert Einstein, who<br />sent a letter to Roosevelt speculating that the Germans were developing <br />a<br />secret weapon, a so-called "atomic bomb." Such a weapon could produce<br />casualties on a scale never seen before and cause environmental damage<br />that could last for thousands of years. Hitler has denied having such a<br />weapon and international inspectors were unable to locate such weapons<br />even after spending two long weekends in Germany. Shortly after the<br />invasion began reports surfaced that German prisoners had been abused <br />by<br />Americans. Mistreatment of Jews by Germans at so-called "concentration<br />camps" has been rumored but so far, remains unproven.<br /><br />Several thousand Americans died during the first hours of the invasion<br />and French officials are concerned that uncollected corpses pose a <br />public<br />health risk. "The Americans should have planned for this in advance,"<br />they said. "It's their mess and we don't intend to clean it up."

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: todays media

:eek: ...you know the REAL REASON those Americans are INVADING FRANCE....BEER!...that's right....they really want to get their hands on all that BEER...all this business about Hitler is just a cover.... :eek: ...you mark my words....BEER is the REAL REASON!! :eek: <br /><br />Great post Mike - too true they would write it that way.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Sad to say, but this is not far from the truth.<br /><br />Ken

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Actually guys, the real reason for invading France was for Champaigne.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

We had to go through France to get to the German BEER.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

And pick up some bikini clad french maids, waiting for real men along the way to the German beer.

ebbtide176

Commander

"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." <br />-- John Stuart Mill

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Mike,<br /><br />You are not showing your sensitive side to those of differing opinions. You are clearly a right wing war monger. And yes those American bodies were a health hazzard and yes, we did have to clean up our mess. <br /><br />Did you say go got this off of Al Gores web site???<br /><br />Great post!!!! ;)

NOSLEEP

Commander

Originally posted by ebb:<br /> "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." <br />-- John Stuart Mill
Amen to that ebb.

oddjob

Commander

Thanks Nosleep, I know thats something I always wanted to say. I just didnt think it would be so short and sweet.<br /><br />I especialy like the term creature in his words.

NOSLEEP

Commander

Oddjob.... scroll up thats a quote ebb found.<br />And a good one too.