Today's History Lesson

eeboater

Commander
Have 9 Minutes to spare? Click here to watch<br /><br /> Autobiography of a Jeep <br /><br />It's a good lesson on the heritage behind the first, true, SUV.<br /><br />The lesson shows why your Honda mowed my lawn whilest my Jeep helped save the world - and that isn't an exaggeration.<br /><br />Sean :D

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Today's History Lesson

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> <br />It's a good lesson on the heritage behind the first, true, SUV.<br /><br />Sean :D
Sean, You forgot the Land Rover

D

DJ

A great majority of them were manufactured by Ford Motor Co, under Willy's liscense. Just like Ford manufactured the vast majority of the most used bomber of WWII-the B-24.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Pretty good Shawna. :D I downloaded the highest res version. Love the shot of Laurel and Hardy. I wonder how many of those crash test Dummies had to go to the infirmary. Man, one guy bouncin' around almost smashed his face on the tailgate. I don't care who you are that woulda hurt!!!

eeboater

Commander

RPJS - If you look at the history of the Land Rover, the guys who started it were brothers... They had a WILLYS on their farm that they used as a "workhorse." They developed the Land Rover in the image of the Willys... :D <br /><br />But I still do hold a good view of the Land Rover. <br /><br />I'd rank the off-road capability of them as follows:<br /><br />1. Jeep<br />2. Land Rover<br />3. Hummer<br /><br />Sean

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Don't forget the Unimog, Sean. It is pretty big, but it will go places the others wont.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> <br />I'd rank the off-road capability of them as follows:<br /><br />1. Jeep<br />2. Land Rover<br />3. Hummer<br /><br />Sean
So you've never driven a landcruiser? ;)

Pony

Rear Admiral

1. my dodge<br />2. my sisters bicycle<br />3. my dads jeep