Todays Flip Flop

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
After identifying it as his favorite gun the Kerry camp now states that Johnny boy doesn't actually own a chinese assult rifle. So does he own a sks, in which case he gets shipped to jail or does he not have one and was again lying to the American public? A trophy from his 90 days in Vietnam?<br /><br /><br />In a recent interview with Outdoor Life magazine, John Kerry said that the favorite gun that he owns is a "Chinese Assault Rifle," a war trophy that reminded him of his service in Vietnam. He said it was second only to the M-16 that he used during his Navy service. The interview is not clear whether this is a true war trophy or something that he bought at the store, i.e., a replica.<br /><br />This admission is potentially very serious, particularly if Kerry imported a war trophy from Vietnam (which is implied by his answer alluding to the "reminder" aspect of the rifle and the fact that he uses the phrase "assault rifle" rather than the neogolism "assault weapon"). There are at least two possibilities of which "assault rifle" Kerry owns: either an SKS or what the Chinese called the Type 56, which is their copy of the AK-47. Both were widely exported to Vietnam and used by NLF and NVA forces.<br /><br />Either the SKS or the AK is a controlled import that required Kerry to use specific ATF forms at the time of importation. The details of these requirements are here (the required documentation would have included DD Form 603). Even a semi-automatic SKS would have to have been registered in this way to be imported.<br /><br />If the weapon were a machine-gun--that is the Type 56 Kalashnikov--it would have to have been legally registered with the ATF immediately in 1969 under the 1934 National Firearms Act.. If he did not register the weapon properly then he is committing an ongoing crime of possesing an unregistered machinegun. The early amnesty offered by the ATF in 1968 would not permit registration of weapons acquired and imported post-amnesty. <br /><br />The high degree of regulation for imported war trophies was well established by the time Kerry served in the late 1960s; there is no way he could have presumed it legal to import a Chinese Assault Rifle without filling out substantial paper-work. Indeed, there is likely no way he could have legally imported a fully automatic weapon acquired during his Vietnam service. Machineguns and other NFA weapons were specifically excluded from the "war trophy" provisions of the ATF importation guidelines, which now state, "The aforementioned Department of Defense regulations list machineguns and other firearms coming within the purview of the NFA, regardless of the degree of serviceability, among the items which are prohibited from being retained and introduced into the United States by Armed Forces personnel."<br /><br /> http://www.affbrainwash.com/chrisroach/archives/014611.php

dogsdad

Lieutenant
Re: Todays Flip Flop

Oh, but could it be that Skerry Kerry is attempting to pander to the nation's gun owners? Just further proof that he'll say anything to anyone without regard for the truth to get a vote.<br /><br />The man is a political *****.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by dogsdad:<br /> Oh, but could it be that Skerry Kerry is attempting to pander to the nation's gun owners? Just further proof that he'll say anything to anyone without regard for the truth to get a vote.<br /><br />The man is a political *****.<br /><br /><br />-dd-
He said *****.<br />hehehehehe

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> [He said *****.<br />hehehehehe
Actually the proper term should be S_L_U_T!<br />Anytime, anywhere, anybody, anything... :eek:

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by KaGee:<br />
Originally posted by SBN:<br /> [He said *****.<br />hehehehehe
Actually the proper term should be S_L_U_T!<br />Anytime, anywhere, anybody, anything... :eek:
I must disagree. S_L_U_T_s does it for the pleasure of doing it. <br /><br />A ***** (hehehehe :) ) does it, purely and simply, for profit. <br /><br />John Kerry does nothing that he does not think would be politically profitable to himself.<br />He is a *****, without a doubt.

one more cast

Captain

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to<br />realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

omc,<br /><br />The oldest one is at least honest.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I have to say I watched O'Reiley's interview with the President yesterday, and I have to admit, GW did a little tap dancing of his own. <br /><br />It is very difficult to badger a president without looking bad, (unless he is a republican and the interviewer is liberal) but he let him go on a couple of questions I would have pushed harder on. They were not really pertainant to the issues of today, but when someone who has the opportunity to say "NO", says "I have no knowledge of it", it tweeks my interest into why the evasive answer.<br /><br />I did not see any connection between the Swifties and the RNC, but GW's psuedo answer has got me at least thinking about it.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by POINTER94:<br /> ...<br />I did not see any connection between the Swifties and the RNC, but GW's psuedo answer has got me at least thinking about it.
He voted for them, before he voted against them... ;)

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to<br />realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
Could it be that this is another example of Kerry not knowing where he stands---that he doesn't really know what he wants to be when he grows up? He does seem to be straddling a line. Straddling lines is the only thing he does consistently!<br /><br /><br /> :D <br /><br /><br />-dd-