To Soulwinner in answer to questions about hillary and the jewish vote.

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Hello Soulwinner.<br />There is an emotional reason why the jewish vote is often democratic.The gates of the concentration camps were opened by American soldiers and freedom and life was returned to the prisoners within.The camp inmates were afterwards welcomed in the United states.<br />This act was done selflessly by soldiers of every station in society,also the ones who were discriminated against back in the states.<br />We feel that we can never repay enough for the gift of life and a new future,although in this case we very much put our money where our mouth is.<br />It is common gratitude that makes the jewish heart and vote go out to the weakest in this society.If Hillary Clinton took a ride on that,so be it.It is of very little consequense for those who try to express their gratitude to this welcoming nation.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: To Soulwinner in answer to questions about hillary and the jewish vote.

British and Soviet soldiers also liberated concentration camps, Rolmops.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

That is very true,but nobody was as welcoming as the Americans after the war.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

So only democrat Americans welcomed the Jews?<br />I think not.<br /><br />Voting for Hillary is hardly voting for or helping the weakest in society.<br /><br />It is only helping her to accumulate wealth and power, and to further strip away any rights or power that the weakest in society may have, along with any hope for improving ones' lot in life.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Okay, can I ask a question? Apparently, Jews vote Democrat. Republicans generally support the State of Israel and Democrats decry the abuse of Palestinians. Last time I checked, it's almost always a young Palestinian fitted with explosives around his torso that boards a public bus. Um, don't Palestinians have about half of the world to travel to if they feel so oppressed? Leave Israel alone. I think that liberal American Jews should consider re-examining themselves and their values.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Believe it or not,but during the last election the vote was pretty much evenly divided between democrats and republicans.We do very much appreciate what prez Bush does for Israel and it reflects in the vote.<br />Roscoe please read my comment again.I never claimed what you wrote and it would be untrue if I did.My argument is that the jewish vote had little to do with Hillary, but much more with social programs.<br />Erik,while it is true that democrats tend to root for underdogs,on the whole the foreign policy of the united states represents the interest of the united states no matter what party is in power and foreign policy is not much different under different parties.As for palestinian suicide bombers,I have no sympathy for them.<br />Last but not least.I may have made a generalisation that has held true for a long time.One of the strengths of the USA is that people tend to assimilate and cultural lines become very blurred after a generation or two,maybe my generalisation has also become blurred with time.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I agree that the Dems and/or Libs tend to root for the underdogs.<br /><br />The problem I see is that they tend to give them a fish, while the Reps try to teach them to fish.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by JB:<br /> I agree that the Dems and/or Libs tend to root for the underdogs.<br /><br />The problem I see is that they tend to give them a fish, while the Reps try to teach them to fish.
Big thumbs up for JB. If you are to boil down the two parties, this is the best way.<br /><br />I too am confused as to why Jews vote democratic, but I really get the feeling they will be changing. They are voting for the "old" democratic party, and they new democrats are completley different.<br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral

"It is common gratitude that makes the jewish heart and vote go out to the weakest in this society" <br /><br />Hmmmm... maybe they should start re-examining who is "Weak". Last talley I saw, Democrats had the most Millionaires in office. Ya i'm sure they understand all about the struggles of the "little guy". :rolleyes: <br /><br />It was Democrats who were strong arming Israel to bend over and take one for the Palestinians.<br /><br />Like Ken said..."New Democrats". To steal a phraze from a once popular car commercial... It's not your father's party anymore. <br /><br />They need to wake up and get engaged.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Excellent summation KaGee.<br /><br />The Democratic Party today has no interest in governing, as evidenced by how they have to lie, prevaricate and camaglouge themselves. Their total aim is to rule.<br /><br />Along the way, they use every kind and caring sounding reason to try to dupe the voters into coming there way. I daresay when they are able to dupe the likes of Rolmops and PW (whom I consider to be very intelligent individuals) they have been very successful at their game.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Rolmops is correct in that it matters not what party is in power when it comes to our foreign policy with regards to Israel.<br /><br />Peace in that tormented land will not come from the barrel of a gun or no amount of suicide bombings, but only through long and hard negotiations, there is simply no military solution to this age old conflict.<br /><br />If there is no division of land and seperation of peoples the Palestinians with their phenominal birth rate will become an overwhelming majority and Israel will become less of a jewish state in a few short years.