Titles with username?

sandy

Seaman Apprentice
I enjoy reading the different post, when time permits and am greatful for the help thats been given to me, which solved several problems I had. I see these titles: admiral, captain, first mate and have no idea what it means. I was a first mate<br />since last Oct. and a couple nights ago I became a Captain. How did that happen. I just need a little explanation, thats all. Thanks

crab bait

Captain
Re: Titles with username?

the more you post the higher the rank.. see ,i just got me another....

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Based on your number of posts. Captain denotes you are now longer a "newbie" here however, the admiral title does get respect (from me). Those are the "guru's" and have a great deal of time posting answers. I do believe that JB is the highest (at least that I have seen). There were (past tense) a number of other's but I think they got burned out on posting and we only see them on occasion.<br /><br />So, Sandy... you have been promoted to "Captian" well in the military is is customary to spend the differance in pay $$$ between the old rank and new rank and throw a party :D It is somewhat less exspensive here.<br /><br />The other exception is my honorable title awarded to Crab Bait ;) I consider him an Admiral based on his superb boat building skills. (Morning Crab!!)<br /><br />Bob

crab bait

Captain

mornin' back at ya ,BOB VT..<br /><br /> come-on BOB .. WOULD YOU STOP.. my head can't fit thru the door at-it-is .. but hey buddy, thanks again...

ebbtide176

Commander

yeah, i think you have to post something like 1000 separate forums to get to admiral, and then since JB is admiral of the high seas, maybe you have to have 3k to get there! wow!