TITLE HELP

427hawk

Seaman
HELLO CAN SOMEONE HELP ?? I BOUGHT A BOAT THAT HAS NOT BEEN REGISTERED SINCE 1994 AND AM RESTORING It AFTER DOING A LITTLE CHECKING I REALIZE I WILL NEED A TITLE TO REGISTER IT HERE IN NEBRASKA , THIS BOAT HAS NEVER HAD A TITLE , ANY THOUGHTS ON HOW I GO ABOUT THIS OR CAN I DO IT ALL AT THE LOCAL COURT HOUSE ANY THOUGHTS ARE APPRECIATED AND THANKS TO ALL WHO REPELY !!!

miloman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: TITLE HELP

get a bill of sale from where you purchased it have it say the boat was never titles and go to the appropriate offoce does the boat have reg # thats a good start

427hawk

Seaman

i have old registration on the boat dated 3-16-94<br />and the boat does have a number assigned

Bondo

Staff member

You've Got an old registration,..!! What's the Problem.....??????<br />In every state I've lived in, If It's been Registered, It's been Titled.... <br />Whoever Issued the Registration can back-track the other nessesary paperwork.....

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

If the old numbers/registration are Nebraska, just have your fish/wildlife or whoever titles boats to run a lost title search on it. That will bring up the last owners name/address...probably the person who registered it. Then all you have to do is document it passing into your hands through bills of sale. If anyone in the ownership chain is MIA or deceased, you may need to file an affidavit of facts about ownership and titles to date. Good luck.