tired of running aground.

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Winter low tides are back. Becoming very apparent that the shallows are filling in more each year. Next move for me to consider is an air boat. There are a few around but I really dont know that much about them. Rigs that I have seen are more like hot rods with lots of chrome small blocks. Not what I am interested in. Are they still made with air cooled out of time aircraft engines, VWs or corvairs? Can anyone recommend a site to get info on airboats, simple ones, not hot rods. Figure it would be a good project to weld one together and mount on a 18 ft. carolina skiff. thanks FRED

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander
Re: tired of running aground.

Hey Fred -
There was a guy who had one listed on C/L down in Naples a couple of days ago. Let me scrounge around and see if I can turn it up.
And yea, I know what you mean about these winter tides. Negative all this week and getting worse. But on the bright side - it ain't snowing !!!!!!!!!

jerry

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thank you for the info. Wife likes the 14 and 15 ft. boats. She is getting tired of helping me drag the boat off the shallows and cutting her feet on oysters. Might be an easy sell. Got to do my homework on an engine. No problem on coming up with a prop. Looks like they have a plastic coating on the hull bottom. Sort of verifies an acquaitance telling me some drunk YAHOOS were running one down the street in front of his house.
Remember the old black/white series LINCOLN VALE of the everglades? Around the same time, SKYKING and the SONGBIRD ? At a young age, was always courious about him and his relationship with his NIECE, PENNY. She looked good in the jeans and cowboy hat. regards FRED

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade

jcboat, by all means, I would like the info. Have never been on craigs list or e bay but can learn. Sure seems like things are filling in, its not just the low tides. Have heard others comment the same. Shoots down the global warming and rising waters dont it? I could do my small part and help the fears of rising waters if the authorities would let me dredge my section of canal. FRED

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Fred,

Just click on the blue highlighted link I sent you - it will take you to that ebay posting. Might just be the ticket ???

If you need or want any other info feel free to send me a PM and we can go from there ( PM - private message ). No reason to clutter up the board with chit - chat.

jerry